Saturday, June 14, 2014

Namaqualand - South Africa's Flower Paradise

It is winter again and God blessed us with good rains and cold weather which means the 2012 Namakwaland wild flower show will be one of the best. Unfortunately for me I am working during the week and its been raining every weekend here in the Cape which prevent me to enjoy the flowers. Most of the flowers open only on sunny days and it is the only time to see them in flower. Attached are a few photos I have taken on a previous visit which covered at least 800km from Cape Town to Van Rhynsdorp and back.
One never knows where the best flowers are and have to drive around and look for them. Some of the photos was taken early in the morning and some very late in the afternoon just before sunset. I hope you enjoy the diversity in shapes and colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment