Sunday, July 20, 2014

Different types of Chinese Clivia

Below are a few selected slides from a presentation I gave at the Cape Town Clivia Club. The last slide is a photo of the world's largest clivia in Changchun which is the clivia capitol of the world. The aim is to give you a background of Chinese clivia and how they were developed, sometimes under extreme difficult conditions and circumstances. Through careful observation and selection new types were bred and developed which has become very sought after by collectors from all over the world. I was very fortunate to meet most of the breeders who developed the different Chinese clivia varieties. Many of them shared their knowledge how to select quality plants and I hope to tell you more of these visits and the breeders I have met in future posts. My first visit was in 2004 and every subsequent visit I learned and saw something new.



No comments:

Post a Comment